We love to try out new recipes and find new ways to use the ingredients we already love. One of my favorite things is to discover new methods for incorporating our ready-made soups and sauces here at Egunsi Foods, and that’s exactly what this turkey meatball recipe does. With our Gbegiri Brown-Eyed Pea Soup, we take a simple recipe to a new level!
Why We Love These Turkey Meatballs with Gbegiri
Meatballs are a classic, and you’re likely to find some variety of them in nearly every culture. These are our delicious take on this high-in-protein weeknight meal option! The turkey packs that protein punch that can help build lean muscle and burn fat, while the addition of leeks and our Gbegiri Brown-Eyed Pea Soup helps elevate the flavor.
On top of that, this recipe comes together in no time with the help of our ready-made soups!
By using our Gbegiri Brown-Eyed Pea Soup, we get this recipe off to a quick and easy start. All in all, there are just a couple of steps you need to take to get this meal from start to finish, meaning you have more time to enjoy your hard work in the kitchen!
With our #EgunsiMyWay recipes, we’re taking the time to show how you can use our ready-made soups and sauces in what we like to call speed-scratch cooking. With this method, we combine ready-made products and fresh ingredients to help you make sure you have something on the dinner table you can look forward to, without all the fuss – any night of the week!
Check out some of our other recipes that make weeknight cooking a breeze, like our Peanut Soup Egg Noodles or Obe Ata Chili, or sign up for our newsletter for even more meal ideas!
How to Make Turkey Meatballs with Leeks and Gbegiri Brown-Eyed Pea Soup
- 1 jar of Egunsi Foods Gbegiri Brown-Eyed Pea Soup
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the turkey, egg, minced garlic, and sea salt.
- Use a tablespoon to portion out the turkey mixture and roll into balls.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Then, sear the meatballs until they’re browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove from the pan once done and set aside.
- Add the chopped leek to the hot pan with all the delicious brown bits from cooking the meatballs. Sauté until soft and translucent.
- Heat up the Gbegiri Soup, then plate with the meatballs and sauteed leek. Enjoy!