½ cup rice
2 Tablespoons butter
1 large white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
6-8 asparagus spears, trimmed
2-3 Tablespoons Egunsifoods Ata Din Din Sauce to taste
1. Rinse and cook rice in 1 cup of water with ⅛ teaspoon salt. Remove from the heat and cover. Gently fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon butter in a pan over medium until melted and sizzling. Add the onion, stir until soft and starting to turn translucent, 1–2 minutes. Season with salt. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook stirring often until desired shade of brown for about 20-30 minutes. You can caramelize onions in advance and store in the fridge in an airtight container for 1 week.
3. In a pan over medium-high heat, melt the rest of butter, add garlic, asparagus, season with salt and cook occasionally tossing for about 10 minutes.
4. Crack the egg into a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil, use a spoon to swirl it into a vortex and gently drop the egg in. Poach for 2-3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a clean kitchen towel.
5. Assemble the plate: add rice, asparagus, onions, egg, top everything with Ata Din Din. Enjoy!