1 cup millet
1 large corn on the cob, shucked
5 Tablespoons butter or oil
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
8 raw shrimp, peeled and cleaned
3-4 leaves of kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
12 cherry tomatoes, cleaned and halved
1 jar Egunsifoods Groundnut Soup
Crumbled peanuts for serving
1. Rinse and cook millet in 2 cups of water with ¼ teaspoon salt and 1 Tsp oil. Remove from the heat and cover. Gently fluff the millet with a fork before serving.
2. Wrap corn cob in foil, seal the ends tightly. Place it over an open flame on a gas stove, or directly onto an electric burner over low-medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, carefully open to release steam. Let cool and use a knife to cut the kernels off the cob.
3. In a bowl, season cleaned shrimp with salt, freshly ground pepper, 1 Tbsp oil, toss well. Heat 1 Tbsp of butter or oil in pan over medium heat until melted or sizzling. Add the shrimp and cook until it’s pink around the edges. Flip the shrimp and add ⅔ of minced garlic, cook for a few more minutes until the shrimp is opaque and cooked through.
4. Return the pan to heat, add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter or oil and the rest of garlic. Cook for 1 minute, add kale, 1/4 cup of water, close with a lid and sauté for a few minutes until kale is soft but still bright green. Remove the lid and cook until the water is evaporated. Season with salt.
5. Heat up Egunsifoods Groundnut Soup following the package instructions.
6. Assemble the bowls: add millet, corn, kale, cherry tomatoes and shrimp, top everything with Groundnut soup and sprinkle with crumbled peanuts. Enjoy!